Alembia’s First Birthday!
It’s been a while since our last post, with very good reason - we’ve been incredibly busy. So busy in fact, that in the throes of several litigation hearings topped off by an EPO opposition (which we won!) we forgot to celebrate our 1st anniversary!
Belatedly, we’d like to thank all of our clients, friends and former colleagues for their support during a whirlwind 12 months: we’re incredibly grateful to everyone who helped us off to such a great start. To put everything into perspective, here are a few highlights from our inaugural year:
- We’ve worked on patent litigation in 20 different countries
- We’ve advised new clients from China to the West Coast of the US (and, of course, right here in the UK!)
- We’ve drafted, prosecuted, litigated and landscaped patents, advised on strategy, facilitated licensing deals and covered the full spectrum of patent work
- We became Twitchers (or at least we Tweeted a lot) - check out our twitter account @AlembiaIP for some light-hearted legal commentary and the occasional “like” from a member of the Royal Family!
- We supported two very worthy charities (Act4Africa and the Against Malaria Foundation, where our contributions have supported amazing healthcare and education work, and funded 1200 mosquito nets so far)
- We donated time to several spin-outs, individual inventors and start-ups, and mentored several students interested in a career in IP
- We discussed inventive step with the UK’s most famous patent judge, hosted a successful stand at the Alderley Park Careers Fest and networked at AZ Exchange and Pitch@Palace (the last in an old branch of Iceland in Wales #livingthedream)
- We were even the subject of a Chemistry World article...
…and all while setting up a fully regulated and insured legal practice (not very exciting but a huge amount of work!) Phew!
We really hope that every year will be as successful and fun as the past one - THANK YOU to everybody who helped along the way!